The SharePoint is a cloud-based data management and collaboration digital platform. This platform is highly customizable and allows remote collaboration. Used by more than 200,000 companies worldwide, SharePoint encourages collaboration between teams.
Clearly, SharePoint allows you to manage all of your business content, such as marketing documents among others. It also allows you to create corporate websites and intranets to keep your users informed of what is happening. All of this comes under the umbrella term of SharePoint development.
There are a lot of companies in the market that are helping organizations to grow more with the help of SharePoint development tools.
Do you need SharePoint?
Before opting for a SharePoint online training, it would be good to know more about its use. Better yet, is also important that you have more information about the benefits of SharePoint. But before that, we need to understand why you should consider using it. Consider the following questions:
- Are your employees working remotely?
- Do they travel often?
- Do they need access to various devices to be able to do their job?
- How are your employees currently accessing the content they need?
- Do you have customer requirements, such as a place to share information, an online catalog, etc.?
- Do you often share documents with your clients?
- Do you use USBs for transporting and working on presentations and RFIs, among other things?
The good news is that with SharePoint, you will be able to share files with your customers. You can also work as a team from anywhere. You can come up with more ideas regarding SharePoint development for better management of your business growth.
Using SharePoint: What are its advantages?
As you will have understood, using SharePoint is very advantageous because it allows you to work better as a team and to collaborate with your customers. Here are two key benefits to keep in mind:
SharePoint is secure
Microsoft takes security seriously. SharePoint comes with several built-in security features, such as the ability to limit who outside your organization can view your content. It is also possible to set specific permissions for members of your company. As such, you can allow or block certain user behaviors, and allow or block your team’s access to content based on their locations.
SharePoint helps organizations collaborate better
- SharePoint was designed to enhance the collaboration experience, especially when the platform is combined with other Office 365 applications and services. By using SharePoint it is possible to create a virtual workspace that allows teams to meet, accomplish tasks and collaborate with each other.
- Here are some ways in which SharePoint can help organizations collaborate more:
- With SharePoint, your documents will be stored in a virtual place that will be accessible from any device at any time (all you need is an internet connection).
- Real-time co-editing features mean multiple employees can work on the same document at the same time.
- SharePoint always displays the latest version of a document, with the ability to roll back to an earlier version if needed.
- Team members and leaders can set up individual or group tasks, assign tasks to other team members, and get notified of completed tasks.
- You have access to a shared calendar, shared notebook (via OneNote), shared chat (via Yammer), and other collaboration tools.
- The best thing about SharePoint as a virtual workspace is that you don’t need an IT team to be able to do any of those things – collaboration can be set up by the manager. ‘and crew.
Now, as you know the different advantages of using SharePoint, you now know that it is important to hire a professional SharePoint development company to get the maximum out of the digital data management platform.
Share Points development can be defined as the development of SharePoint solutions which are use for developing and maintaining business applications on SharePoint. SharePoint development is a very popular field in the SharePoint world, which has been booming ever since the release of SharePoint 2007.
SharePoint development is not only limited to the development of custom or non-custom solutions but also to the development of web parts, business solutions, intranets, extranets, etc. Al Rafay Consulting is one of the leading names in providing SharePoint development services with a team of highly professional developers.
If you are interested in hiring a professional for getting the most out of this digital platform, please do not hesitate to contact Al Rafay Consulting.